cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Lack of professionalism and competence of BT fibre-to-the-premises and Executive level complaints

It has been 57 days since I was definitely promised an engineer visit to install my BT fibre-to-the-premises, I have been treated to 38 days of "executive level complaint handling" and I am absolutely no closer to receiving any service whatsoever from this organisation. They just cancelled an engineer visit promised for today and are now investigating again.

A couple of times a week I will get a "I am investigating what further on-going work is required" but the only advance that occurred was when I sent them a photo of tress that had been trimmed as they are utterly unable to find this out for themselves. 

With executive level complaint handling I receive incompetence and unprofessionalism, it makes me wonder what you get with basic level complaint handling. Do they add arson?

Because of this I have already changed a phone and broadband package to another company, I didn't even check the price difference, I just wanted the toxic BT branding off all correspondence. I am also making sure that everyone I can influence avoids BT, this includes my neighbours and my colleagues who work from home.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lack of professionalism and competence of BT fibre-to-the-premises and Executive level complaint

@Corduroy

There are only a few providers that can supply fibre to the premises, and they all rely on Openreach to do the work, so the delay is going to be the same.

0 Ratings
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: Lack of professionalism and competence of BT fibre-to-the-premises and Executive level complaint

Keith, yeah, that is what is so frustrating, the contact I changed was for a different fibre to the cabinet connection. BT and their good buddy Openreach know that options for fibre to the premises are limited and so really don't care about customer service at all.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 12

Openreach are not particular who they offer a bad service to, unfortunately.

Stew 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

BT FTTP Checker results.jpg

0 Ratings
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

gawd damn trees I swear 🙂
0 Ratings
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

They have just said:"an engineer was assigned your case today to complete the first part of the fibre installation, where he/she runs the fibre to the outside of your property. I have just spoken with our engineering divison and I was advised that the engineer was not able to complete this work. He would have needed to climb a pole to get to the distribution point but the pole is in  a state of disrepair and it would be too dangerous for him to climb it or to even attatch a hoist."

This is after taking weeks to complete a survey which somehow avoided looking at the pole, they did spot a tree though as it is rather large. It took them weeks to cut the tree and even then I had to send them a photo to prove it as their internal communication is so poor that they didn't know it had happened. Replacing the pole will allow the tree to grow back, thus providing them with their next excuse.

Really, I don't think that I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with a group of more incompetent or unprofessional people.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

until a new pole is erected and tree work is arranged with whoever owns the tree Openreach will go no further and it will stop any other orders from other providers being completed the checker shows Openreach is aware of the tree problem preventing a line of sight connection
0 Ratings
Corduroy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

@john46, they did manage to trim the tree after many weeks, they just haven't got around to updating the checker, the much delayed survey failed to notice that the pole was rotten. It is scary to think of these clowns trying to replace a pole. It will be amusing to watch if I am alive to see it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings