cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soundtechy
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Lack of service

I have been without landline and broadband for almost 2 weeks. Both myself and my partner work from home and rely on communication for our work.
I called the 0800 number and spoke to somebody with a very poor grasp of the English language, the person who dealt with my first complaint neither understood my frustration or cared about my problem.
I was told the fault was with the local network and would be looked at 5 days later.
After 5 days had passed I contacted the call centre again to be told Openreach who were dealing with the fault are very busy and it would be looked into in 3 days.
Today I was left a message telling me it would be dealt with on 3rd September.
Is this the level of customer service that BT prides itself in?

Has anyone else had this experience and is there a UK based customer service team that will take this matter seriously?

I will be leaving BT
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lack of service

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

Openreach are probably short of staff at the moment, and priority is given to business customers as they have a better SLA (Service Level Agreement).

You should be able to track the progress of your fault online, from another connection.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults

BT should have already provided a free divert of incoming calls to your mobile.

If it does not get looked into on the 3rd September, please post back here and I will ask one of the moderators to find out what is going on.

0 Ratings