cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkR7
Message 1 of 7

Lagging when im playing online games

hi, i was wondering if there was anything that i could do or that would help me when im playing online on my xbox.

Everytime i try to play a game it lags and has been doing this for the past few months, it is occuring on fifa and currently on counter strike, im starting to get frustrated so i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me fix it or adjust it slightly so it wouldnt do it as much. When i play the games i have all the wifi devices in the house off (apart from my xbox) so i cant understand why it is doing it. many thanks mark

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lagging when im playing online games

are you connecting the xbox wired or wireless if wireless then i suggest trying a wired connection to it as wireless is not good for gaming
0 Ratings
MarkR7
Message 3 of 7

i cant connect it to the router unfortunatley its to far away, so im having to use the wireless adapter microsoft sell for the xbox, is ther anything else i could do ?

0 Ratings
MarkR7
Message 4 of 7

if i do port forwarding will that muck up the computers that are connecting at the same time?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Please see this suggestion.

Connecting an Xbox to the home hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

wireless is prone to to many sorts of interference that cause packets to be resent there fore increasing latency you could also consider powerlines rather than wireless

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Re: Lagging when I'm playing online games

As suggested Mark you simply wont beat a wired connection either direct or powerline.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings