cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 11 of 25

Re: Laggy Connection - BT Infinity

Thanks for your assistance with this, i've contacted helpdesk before and I get the usual 'turn if off and back-on' which of course re-profiles the line making this issue disappear temporarily.

Results Posted:Capture2.PNG

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 25

According to your dslchecker estimate, the Wholesale checker should not be suggesting that there is a problem. Of course, your very low upload speed is outside the FTTC estimates and may be causing the issues you mentioned earlier.

With those estimates, I would generally expect a throughput speed around 70mbps, with upload near the Range A High estimation. Mods might be able to assist in getting this reported to Wholesale for investigation, as there does seem to be an issue somewhere, according to the speedtester.

Can you check the following pages and see if there's anything listed for your exchange?
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?
http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

0 Ratings
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 13 of 25

thanks for the links, i've checked them and no mention of issues for my exchange or phone number. Is MODS a department I can speak with or is that something BT will deal with internally?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

Sorry but one of the key pieces of information is the stats from your hub - is there a problem posting them?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

The mods are BT employees who moderate the forum and will help with problems if the community members cannot help if they feel they can help they will post a contact link on this thread
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

@imjolly wrote:

Sorry but one of the key pieces of information is the stats from your hub - is there a problem posting them?

In message one OP said he has Openreach modem so he may not have an HH5.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

If you do have an Openreach modem you could make a direct connection from your PC to the modem which will eliminate the Homehub. Follow this guide to do that. Use your computer as normal and re-run your speed test and diagnostic test to see if the results are the same.

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

@gg30340 wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

In message one OP said he has Openreach modem so he may not have an HH5.

That would explain it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 19 of 25

I have a HH3 + Openreach modem, but I don't use the HH. I use a Netgear 3rd party router normally.
Re-running the test as you asked directly from my Laptop cabled to the openreach modem I get this:
Capture4.PNG

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

The results appear more or less the same which at least rules out any possibility of router problems. Because your download speeds are within your estimated range it is unlikely that BT will do anything to improve your speeds.

Even although your upload speeds are out side the estimate getting BT to do anything about that will be an uphill task. They normally don't do anything in relation to upload speeds. 

You could try and contact Customer Services to see what if anything they will do. If they are unable to help, you could post back and there may be some other course of action that could be tried.

0 Ratings