Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 25

Re: Laggy Connection - BT Infinity

Your down speed is within estimate but without any router stats you cannot tell is up speed is low causing the low upload speed or if it is actually a low upload speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

Thanks I will get in touch with Customer Services, but the issue isn't the speed, it's the quality of the connection, it behaves like it is a much slower connection which is why I began looking for packet loss but i'm not sure how to test/prove that  

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

It's taken me over a minute to get to this webpage. And it slows down in the evenings. It has to be BT's gateways I had NO issues with Zen before I came here it was full speed (80/20 sync) 24/7!
0 Ratings
stevey_stylee
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

@23prince I am inclined to agree with you. I understand that BT Infinity is now contended at the national level rather than locally at exchanges which would explain why on an evening when people are downloading movies, watching on-demand TV and on-line gaming that the service slows, but that said just because we think we know the reasons for it doesn't make it acceptable.

Source:

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10829/~/what-is-the-contention-ratio-of-my-br...

23prince
Contributor
Message 25 of 25

@stevey_stylee

In which case they should allow people to leave. I haven't been here long. I turned down Zen thinking BT was better. I realise what a nasty mistake it was and for the same price I should have stayed with them.

I understand tech support is useless with BT so I won't be bothering to call them. 

11 months and counting it seems. 😕