cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nickel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Landline and Broadboand Out for 8 days !!!!

My land line and broadband connection went dead on Thursday 18th am.  I reported it and was told it woukl be fixed by Friday. After sevearl chasers I was firts told it would be fixed by Saturday 5pm and they were working on broken cable at street cabinet. I went to see and no one was there. They then told me they had looked on Thursday but the guy could not fix it and was calling in someone else - but not till Monday !!! And now they rae saying it might be 8 days. I work from home, have a sick relative overseas I cannot contact and will likely lose my job. Why are they leaving it for 4 days and doing nothing?  Moderator - you vcan only contact me on mobile number (I am posting this from work office as I have had to come in on Sunday).  Please help - this is desperate.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Landline and Broadboand Out for 8 days !!!!

Only Openreach would have that information. Work involving broken cables in cabinets can take a long time to fix, especially if a new cable has to be run in.

Normal repair times are three working days, which normally mean by the end of next Tuesday. I would consider some form of backup, perhaps a mobile broadband dongle?

The moderators are very busy and it would be many days before they could even look at your case. They would only be able to report what Openreach have already said.

You should have been offered a free divert of any incoming calls to a mobile or other number, and you can claim back the cost of any mobile calls.

Your employer must have some form of fallback arrangement for homeworkers when their phone line is faulty, even if it means going into the office every day.

0 Ratings
TelephoneBob
Expert
Message 3 of 11

'Normal repair times are three working days, which normally mean by the end of next Tuesday.'

BT Retail pay Openreach for all their Consumer Customers to have Prompt Care Service. That's for an Engineer to respond within 24hrs Monday to Saturday.

It's been like that since last June year, that's why BT put up their line rental then to cover the cost and the same reason Openreach changed their Engineers working Saturdays from 12 a year to upwards of 18 depending on what area they work.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

0 Ratings
Nickel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Not very encouraging. If cables take a long time to repair, why have they left it for 3 days without doing anything more work on it? If moderators are too busy to help with an urgent matter such as this, what real help are they? I cannot get to office easily for health reasonswhich is precisely why I work at home. My broadband is with TalkTalk not BT so I assume no wireless solution is available?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@Nickel

Who do you pay  your monthly line rental to, TalkTalk or BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Nickel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

My BT bill includes line rental, so presumably to them.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@Nickel wrote:

My BT bill includes line rental, so presumably to them.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Nickel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks. Problem is I can only read this when at work for a couple of hours - only way to contact me at home is mobile (this is on my BT account for updates on fault).

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Nickel Sorry that the fault with your landline is taking longer than expected.

We are very busy at present and it may take longer than normal to get back to you but we will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings