cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Landline issues every few months

Every few months my landline and/or broadband service will drop. This requires me to contact BT and arrange an engineer to visit. The engineer detects the problem is outside, does a fix and everything works for a few months. Then the problem appears again.

This has happened 3-4 times over my contract period now. I understand sometimes faults occur, and to be honest it wouldn't be a problem if they were able to fix it within a day or two. The problem is that it takes over a week  before an engineer comes to fix it and so over the course of the contract period we lose 3-4 weeks of service! Whats more we don't get any compensation because everytime it happens BT will give us an estimated date to fix it and so as long as it's fixed in that period we get nothing. It's always the same problem, so why can't these so called engineers actually sort the root cause as opposed to doing a botch job every few months?

And yes i'm aware this is to do with BT Openreach however BT Openreach as far as I can tell have no contact with the customer and inform customers to contact their service providers (in my case BT) who will then escalate the problem to Openreach. So how about you do me a favour and escalate the problem!?! Was considering renewing my contract with BT in Jan 2013 but if this is the service I get than will just switch to VirginMedia who thank god have no connection with Openreach.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Landline issues every few months

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they may be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings