cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fidelprk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Laptop only connects up close and personal

My router used to live a foot away from my laptop on my desk.   I re-arranged my office and the homehub is now about 2 yards away.   Laptop keeps dropping connection, saying there is no internet connection, not seeing any connections at all.   It behaves the same in other offices or homes.   Tried the usual stuff like changing channels or uninstalling/re-installing the network adaptor.   May have to give laptop a **bleep** good thrashing.   Any more sensible suggestions most gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Laptop only connects up close and personal

check the manufacturers website (not windows update) for up to date driver for your wifi card just in case there is an update which will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@fidelprk wrote:

My router used to live a foot away from my laptop on my desk.   I re-arranged my office and the homehub is now about 2 yards away.   Laptop keeps dropping connection, saying there is no internet connection, not seeing any connections at all.   It behaves the same in other offices or homes.   Tried the usual stuff like changing channels or uninstalling/re-installing the network adaptor.   May have to give laptop a **bleep** good thrashing.   Any more sensible suggestions most gratefully received.

Thanks

It sound like the wireless card has gone faulty.

0 Ratings
fidelprk
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you, I'll give that a try

0 Ratings