cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

Leaving BT after the recent price rises.

Go to solution
How long do I have after being notified about the next round of price rises to leave without penalty?

I’ve read anything from 14 days to 28 days and I’ve not received a letter or anything confirming this.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Leaving BT after the recent price rises.

Go to solution

I'm sure I read on these forum pages the other day that the letters/emails are being sent up to sometime in the 1st week of December. Keep an eye in your junk/spam email folder in case it drops in there.

As for time scale for cancelling, I'm not 100% sure, but the email should make that clear.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I got my email on 7th November - this is the relevant bit   

You don't need to do anything but if you want to change something, please give us a call. If you want to leave and you're within your minimum contract term, you'll need to call us within 30 days of receiving this email to avoid paying a charge for leaving early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (or 14 days if you're switching to a new provider). We won't charge you for any increase in price during that time.

0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the info. So my understanding is they need 14 days notice to switch isp but there is no time scale from now till the price rises come into force?
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@deepdishdj wrote:
Thanks for the info. So my understanding is they need 14 days notice to switch isp but there is no time scale from now till the price rises come into force?

The time scale is 30 days from when you receive the email and you must inform BT before you put in motion any move to another ISP.

In my case quoted I must notfy BT within 30 days of the 7 November to avoid the early charges.

0 Ratings
deepdishdj
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
That makes sense thanks for the info.

0 Ratings