cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Leaving BT and want to stop services

A different provider has put in a request to take over my phone and broadband on the 1st of March at my request. 

BT sent through an email saying I will continue to be billed for other services until I ask for them to be cancelled, so I called the listed number and spoke to somebody who could find no other services, but spent the next 20 minutes offering me incentives to stay. This person said he was with the loyalty team, however I made it clear I wish to leave because BT admin is such a shambles. 

Roll forward to this morning and I received a letter saying that I will continue to be charged for "some services" until I cancel them. How can I ensure there will be no further bills or time wasted?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Leaving BT and want to stop services

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Thank you, I had already seen that before putting in the transfer request. In this instance my existing contract expires at the end of February and the new provider has already given more than the required 14 days notice for a transfer. 

It's this mention of unspecified services that I will continue to be charged for that is bugging me, since BT is not indicating what they are and I have been unable resolve this when calling them. I left BT once before several years ago and had problems with continued bills, so I want to make sure they don't mess me around this time. 

All of this is so frustrating, because I am essentially happy with the service itself, but lose far too much time on silly admin errors where they over charge me every time I renew the contract. I also don't like the way they raise prices during the year, which makes a mockery of contracts. 

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Well I've left and true to form BT has taken it upon themselves to start a new phone package, even though I don't have phone or broadband with BT. An email came though saying I had placed an order on the 11th when I absolutely did not!!

I called muliple times before leaving to try and ensure this didn't happen and was passed from one departmet to another. I want this stopped immediately with no further bills or wasted time. There is no way for me to cancel this stupid order online. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to this page, it will give you your list of orders.

https://www.bt.com/appsordermgmt/secure/listoforders.do

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Thanks I've been there before, but it won't allow me to cancel and simply says it's in progress. Ironically BT are apologising for the delay. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Thank you Keith, that is very kind of you. I tried to look for a moderator contact, but couldn't find any. 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 14

Hi @sgt_bilko and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been a mix up with your cancellation. I can help. Please drop me over an email with your details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
sgt_bilko
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

Thanks @DavidM, I've sent a messsage just now and just received an automated reply, so you should have that now. 

0 Ratings