Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roba19
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Leaving BT phone & broadband. Query regarding tv & bt sport

Go to solution

Hi - first post & no doubt will have been asked before.

I've transferred my fibre broadband & landline yesterday from BT to PlusNet. Do I need to cancel my TV package (including BT Sport) separately? Have called the overseas customer service who say my account now doesn't exist. Well, that may be true as far as their system is concerned, but I'm still unsure & don't want to pay unnecessarily for services. I have not taken tv & sport with PlusNet so they will not have cancelled on my behalf.

2nd question - I'm having Sky installed tomorrow. Not planning to take bt sport thru sky. It's cheaper to get it thru a plusnet sky package. However, I've only ever really watched bt sport on my ipad & I'm not sure if that will be possible as I now don't have bt broadband or landline. Is it still possible to pay for bt sport thru their app for phone/tablet devices?

Many thanks guys!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DanielS
Message 2 of 3

Re: Leaving BT phone & broadband. Query regarding tv & bt sport

Go to solution

Hi @Roba19,

It's best if you speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800800030, option 1, to make sure that the services you want stopped are stopped.

Checking the FAQ's for BT Sport with Plusnet it states they don't offer an app version. You can always check this direct with them. We offer our app with BT Broadband/TV/Mobile Customers or Customers who take BT Sport over the Sky digital satellite platform.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Roba19
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Leaving BT phone & broadband. Query regarding tv & bt sport

Go to solution
Thanks DanielS

Got thru to a very helpful Scotsman. Account closes when broadband & landline transfers across.
0 Ratings