cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Leaving sky

Hi there I currently get my tv from Sky but am thinking of leaving and just going to freeview any way I had a look and bt sport was there but I could not watch it. how do I get it activated and do I have it deactivate it on Sky. Many thanks
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Leaving sky

You'll need a BTTV subscription otherwise the only way will be to stream from the internet, with the device connected to your telly if you want.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

The only way of decrypting the BT Sport 1&2 channels on DTT 58 & 59 is using a BT Vision+ box and viewing card. That requires a subscription to the BT TV service.

Also from 25th Jan 2014 BT have stopped providing this viewing card service to new BT TV subscribers. If you want to watch BT Sport on a BT TV box (either BT Vision+ box or BT Youview box) with a BT TV subscription you now need Infinity broadband. The other options are the Sky satellite and Virgin cable delivery methods.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46167/c/348,6602,6608

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

So the Bt Sport channels show up on my tv free view so ci must be able to watch them on there ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 5 of 5

No you cannot use the CI slot. You need the Vision Box to decrypt them.

0 Ratings