cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r1sh12
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Leaving the HH3 behind (Netgear N750 WDNR4000)

Go to solution

Hi all,

Im sure a few of you know that some users experience wireless disconnections when using the HH3, I was one of the people who had that problem.

I ordered the Netgear N750 WNDR4000 router as a replacement.

I have just recieved it earlier today and so far its quite good.

I will update this thread as I learn a few more things about the router and what my experiences using it are like. (both short and long term)..

So far its looking pretty good. I cannot recommend it just yet as Ive only had it running for a few hours

Edit: First problem of the day, Trying to get BT vision to work.

Has to do with QOS apparently so Ive activated it on my netgear and have changed the IP address to 192.169.1.254

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
r1sh12
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Leaving the HH3 behind (Netgear N750 WDNR4000)

Go to solution
Ok I now how to get BT vision working with other QOS compatible routers.

First enable QOS, 2nd change the IP address of the 3rd party router to 192.168.1.254 (netgear default is 192.168.1.1).

Then restart BT vision box.
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Ok so its been a couple of weeks and I am really loving the new router.
Its a great replacement for the homehub, everything connected works even faster than with the homehub and my wireless doesnt drop connection.
Im also using the 5Ghz wireless connection so I get super fast wireless connections.
If anyone is thinking to leave the HH3 behind, this is a way to go. (I really recommend this router)
There are actually some other good routers, but I think spec for spec I didnt find anything that matched this.
0 Ratings
Epyon
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Yeah i have to agree pretty much nothing can touch this router for wireless performance.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
r1sh12
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

A few friends I spoke to about buying a router said not to  buy a netgear because they arent as good as other routers, its partly becase all three of my firends have issues with their routers which I am sure had to  do with sky/virgin installing custom firmware to the routers.

Everything in mine is stock, and I also get channel bonding to increase wireless speeds

0 Ratings