cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yems
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Left BT, still got billed, can't get a call back from a manager.

This is my last resort as I'm really struggling to get a call back from a manger. I've been waiting almost a month now and every time I'm given a date there's still no call.

My issues first started when I switched to Plusnet back in June. I called BT and was told it'd be switched over and any direct debits would automatically stop and I wouldn't have to do anything, I thought no more of it as I started to be billed by Plusnet.

It gets to September and I realise that in fact BT are still taking money from my account even though I no longer used any of their services. 3 phone calls later BT admitted that they had in fact received a transfer request back in June but hadn't closed my account. I'm told that by the 4/10/16 my account will be closed and a full refund will be given (like anything less would be acceptable!)

Low and behold the 4th comes and goes, I call, email and Facebook message BT. I'm told any refund won't be given for another week. I'm told someone will call me but nobody does. Then on the 17th I have another amount of money taken out of my account by BT. I'm then told it has been escalated to a manager and they will call me, I'm given various dates on which they will, but no call.

I've called 3 times today in an attempt to sort it and I'm told that I'll get a call back, but considering I've been waiting a month for someone to call I'm pretty doubtful it's going to happen.

I'm absolutely at the end of my tether, never in my life have I known such a shambles! I've tried to stay positive about this but I've had hundreds of pounds wrongly taken from me. Ultimately this is theft. I shouldn't be left chasing BT for a refund!

Terrible customer service!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Left BT, still got billed, can't get a call back from a manager.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Yems
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Keith!
I need all the help I can get!
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Yems,

We'll certainly look into it for you and help you as much as we can. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a couple of working days to get back to you but we will.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Yems
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I've called again and was told someone was supposed to have called me an hour ago! Honestly I have no idea how this is going so wrong!
0 Ratings
Yems
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

For some reason I'm unable to find the contact mods bit!
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@Yems wrote:
For some reason I'm unable to find the contact mods bit!

You need to view the forum using the desktop version, as its not visible on the mobile version.

DanielS
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Yems,

It is available to you. Take a look at the image below for guidance:

ContactTheMods.png

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Yems
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Sorted it, cheers guys
DanielS
Message 10 of 11

You are very welcome @Yems. I can see your contact is in our queue now.

We will be in touch over the next few days.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings