cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barryflood22
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Left high and dry with bad advice for 8 days

I just want to voice my frustration with BT, last Monday (september 23rd), my broadband went down because I was moving from the Business to Residential service and I was disconnected. I rang BT and was told an engineer would need to come out on Tuesday which is tomorrow (October 1st).

8 days is a bit of a wait for a disconnection which in my view should not have happened! That same day, an email arrived to tell me I am up and running but, when I tested it appeared this would not be the case. Tonight (September 30th) I took a notion and searched the internet for the BT Residential username for BT infinity and fed it into my bt business hub, and to my surprise the internet has started going....therefore, for the last 8 days I have actually had internet in the house, if BT had have advised me that changing the username/password in the router would have gotten my service going I would have done this 8 days ago.

I live in a cable-less house, which means that everything including Television relies on internet. This is not acceptable in my view and I demand an official response in writing from BT to explain WHY I was left high and dry for 8 days, the technician visit tomorrow is just pointless now!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Left high and dry with bad advice for 8 days

Why didn't they send you a Homehub?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators 

The forum moderators will get involved in this post as soon as they read your post they will post there reply and give you a contact link to them

Please do not send them a personal message, as your message will not be tracked properly.also the mod you personal message may not be on duty for some time and that will delay your help further.mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi barryflood22,

I am sorry about the issues with your connection and I can check your account details to see what went wrong. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings