cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LegacyUser
Message 1 of 3

Legacy Residential Account Web Hosting Site Inaccessible

As part of my BT Internet services I used to have access to web space which could be accessed via a URL related to one of my email subaccounts at www.thehotwires.btinternet.co.uk.  This URL now generates the following server error message:

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.btinternet.com Port 80

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, www-server-admin@lists.btinternet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

and I am unable to access the site via FTP which I previously used successfully to move files to and from the space.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I should now access this space and how I can retrieve files from it.  I would also like to know what web space i should have available as part of my current contract.

Thanks, NS

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Legacy Residential Account Web Hosting Site Inaccessible

Here is a link courtesy of Andy_N. Which may help.

http://www.btinternet.com/~firststop/shortcuts/webpage.htm

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Legacy Residential Account Web Hosting Site Inaccessible

@LegacyUser wrote:

As part of my BT Internet services I used to have access to web space which could be accessed via a URL related to one of my email subaccounts at www.thehotwires.btinternet.co.uk.  This URL now generates the following server error message:

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.btinternet.com Port 80

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, www-server-admin@lists.btinternet.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

and I am unable to access the site via FTP which I previously used successfully to move files to and from the space.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I should now access this space and how I can retrieve files from it.  I would also like to know what web space i should have available as part of my current contract.

Thanks, NS

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

The error message you are seeing is indicative of the webspace actually being on a different mail address within your account.

(My shortcuts option 10 refers - item b)

On way to check which email address is associated with the webspace is to go to my shortcuts, option 2 (may require IE) and enter the primary email address/password.

The next page will either show :-

"used for home page - cannot be deleted or renamed"

next to the relevant email address, or if nothing is mentioned about home page, then the primary address is the one.

You don't have to delete anything of course, just that this link quickly shows the webspace association. You can revert it back to the correct email address by using the link in my shortcuts option 10, item [e]

Your latter questions are effectively answered as well Smiley Happy

0 Ratings