Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamWeston818
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Lies, Lies and More Lies and locked out of email

Go to solution

For a week now I've been trying to get access to my emails without success. I'm not a heavy user and I don't know much about computers but it looks like I've had no access since the 18th of February this year. I get help from my brother-in-law and when he looked and we tried to reset the password for my emails it failed with a message about my account being locked for 15 minutes because I'd failed to provide the right details too many times. So, gave BT a call and reported it to them.

BT promised a call to my mobile (so I could be round at my brother-in-law's house) during a 2 hour slot on Friday last week between 19:00 and 21:00. I received no call despite sitting with my mobile in front of me for the full duration of the callback period.

When I called them, they just apologised and promised a call to my mobile (so I could be round at my brother-in-law's house) during a 2 hour slot on Saturday between 19:00 and 21:00. I received a call at 20:55 but all the support person did was try to reset the password as I had done, getting a PIN sent to me each time for me to read back to him. No surprise then that he got exactly the same issue as me.

They promised a call to my mobile (so I could be round at my brother-in-law's house) during a 2 hour slot on Sunday between 14:00 and 16:00 but this time it would apparently be a level 2 support person. I received no call despite sitting with my mobile in front of me for the full duration of the callback period. At about 16:15 I got through to support to ask why my promised callback hadn't happened. He stated that we weren't due a callback until the following day (Monday) between 14:00 and 16:00. After an argument about this the though did strike me that if the man talking to me on Saturday lived in India, when we were talking about a callback 'tomorrow', he may have been thinking Monday because his local time when he was talking to me was after midnight so Sunday morning. I asked if that could be the situation and after a short silence, I was told that he'd made a mistake and that my callback was due in 1 minute and that I should hang up in case they were trying to call me. repeatedly telling him that I wasn't calling him from a number that BT knew anything, he just kept insisting I needed to hang up. Eventually I asked to escalate the issue of being told things that were clearly not true and he hung up the call.

20 minutes later I got a call from another support person who went through exactly the same process (trying the reset password link for me) as the one I spoke to on Saturday, before telling me he was getting the same issue as me and that he needed to get level 2 involved and that they would call me back on Tuesday between 19:00 and 21:00.

Tuesday's slot came and went while I was sat with my mobile waiting for the promised call round at my brother-in-law's house. About 21:30 managed to get an online chat. Went through the same useless attempts to reset my password and did manage to log a complaint about the useless service and missed calls - VOL013-*********** - but I'm yet to hear anything about that. I was told that I'd had a callback that night but I wasn't available. When I said I hadn't I was assured I had and that a relative must have answered my phone. I live alone and my mobile was with me! Anyway, promised yet another call for Wednesday between 19:00 and 21:00. I suggested that instead of pretending they were going to call me back, the issue was clearly a problem at BT's end so why not fix it and then call me when they can confirm it's been fixed, to save me wasting more of my life sitting around waiting for calls that never happen? I was assured, promised, etc., that the call on Wednesday would happen.

Wednesday's slot came and went without a callback. When I managed to get another online chat going, I was told they had called back and sent me a text message. More lies I'm afraid! We went through the same set of promises that I would be called back today, suggesting a time when I can't be at my brother-in-law's house. Despite me stressing that I didn't want to waste even more time waiting around for more callbacks to not happen, they insisted.

I am now looking to get an alternative email provider and as I'm out of contract with BT, I expect they'll be getting the boot as my service provider. How can a communications company the size of BT be so poor at communicating?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lies, Lies and More Lies and locked out of email

Go to solution

@GrahamWeston818 Thanks for posting, I'm so sorry about the way this has been handled and it's not acceptable that so many call backs have been missed. If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
GrahamWeston818
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Neil, I've done as you suggested but to be honest, I'm not holding my breath for a solution any time soon so I'm making alternative arrangements for my future emails.

0 Ratings
MacBraveheart
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

OMG-  I read you!  I have had the run around on this self-same issue (I have one device, am a heavy user but a clued-up one, and it is allegedy NOT a hacking attempt as the interface suggests either) and am thinking to move my business elsewhere as a result.

Yesterday and today-  no access except for a small window earlier today (notably quite without anything being done by anyone, myself included), earlier this year and repeatedly since 2015...

I HOPE that you get yours resolved either way.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @GrahamWeston818,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us.

I've been going over your account and I can see that everything appears to be resolved now and you have access to your emails. If you ever have an issue in future, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GrahamWeston818
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
The issue may not be resolved, but is 6 x 2 hour callback slots with only 2 callbacks made really acceptable? No, it's not, so I won't be using BT email again once I've let all my contacts know my new email address.
0 Ratings