cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spursman1
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Light at the end of the tunnel?

We have all experienced issues with BT email over the past few years but I'm wondering if there will ever be light at the end of the tunnel.

A friend sent me an email several days ago and this has still not been received. Experiencing frequent delays with emails, sometimes taking hours to be received, whether sent to me or from my address to a recipient. I sent an email to myself 5 mins ago and that's still not been received!

I don't understand how the powers at BT can allow these problems to manifest and not react to it! It's major upheaval considering to change my primary email address but perhaps that is all I can do now.

What about the migration from Yahoo to BT Mail? Can we assume this will never take place.

One disappointed customer.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: Light at the end of the tunnel?

@spursman1 wrote:

We have all experienced issues with BT email over the past few years but I'm wondering if there will ever be light at the end of the tunnel.

A friend sent me an email several days ago and this has still not been received. Experiencing frequent delays with emails, sometimes taking hours to be received, whether sent to me or from my address to a recipient. I sent an email to myself 5 mins ago and that's still not been received!

I don't understand how the powers at BT can allow these problems to manifest and not react to it! It's major upheaval considering to change my primary email address but perhaps that is all I can do now.

What about the migration from Yahoo to BT Mail? Can we assume this will never take place.

One disappointed customer.

The recommendation these days is to get a non BTinternet email address and use Gmail instead. That's for free accounts, or get yourself a domain and use that - but that will cost.

The migration was postponed (actually cancelled I believe) 3 years ago - probably due to security and operational reasons as well as commercial decisions.

0 Ratings