cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Limited or No Connectivity and disconnections all the time.

Hello,

Recently I subscribed to one month of unlimted BT Wifi usage on a local hotspot, and since then have had nothing but issues. I would subscribe to broadband but am not allowed under the tennancy agreement due to a previous tennant not paying and leaving the landlord liable. So the Hotspot is my ONLY option for reliable internet access. Here are the issues that I've experienced;

1) Completely unable to connect via my laptop, I have restarted it, flushed the dns, and still nothing but "Limited or no connectivity" and as such no internet on my laptop. (The main reason I subscribed!)

2) Using my iPad to connect gets me internet access, but it disconnects me no more than five minutes later, which is quite annoying, and I cant tether it to the laptop beacuse my ipad doesnt have tethering (just wifi).

3) Absolutly no response from BT E-mail support! which is deplorable frankly. I e-mailed because the switchboard wants my bt phone number and I dont have one!

Hopefully someone on here can help in some fashion because I'm **bleep** near demanding a refund of what I've paid...

As far as I know, I do not have access to the router so I cannot reset it myself, I would have already if I did...

Kind regards,

Fred

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Limited or No Connectivity and disconnections all the time.

have you tried the BTWIFI helpline http://www.btwifi.com/help/before-you-start.jsp

the BTWIFI referred to by the vast majority or posters on the forum is free from their BT broadband package and not purchased separately like you have done

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the prompt reply,

That link you gave I've already phoned that number and got nowhere, it seems to want a BT phone number before it allows you to speak to someone, I'm going to try just number bashing see if it realizes "im having problems let me put you through to a human" which should help get this sorted.

The local home-hubs are fine, I can connect to them (obviously just to the "enter passphrase") dialogue but it still means there is an actual issue with the local hotspot, which isn't allowing my laptop to connect to it, thats the main reason I've tried contacting BT about this issue.

Thanks again,

Fred

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Have a look at this link and the youtube video to see if you are connecting correctly

http://www.btwifi.co.uk/help/index.jsp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcdspTo9Ado&feature=youtu.be

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

The Wifi hotspot you are connecting may well just be a residential customer who has not got a very stable broadband connection or it could even be the wireless signal from you to the hotspot, what sort of strength of wifi signal are you getting?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings