cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 21 of 24

Re: Line Profile /Fastpath

Well I had 7 powercuts in a night and increased my upload to 5.5 from 4.3 - 4.5 logic. 😄

The engineer asked why and the guy at openreach stated it's just there to control crosstalk on VDSL but I personally don't believe any of that. 

The DLM that is!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 24

@ryant704 wrote:

Well I had 7 powercuts in a night and increased my upload to 5.5 from 4.3 - 4.5 logic. 😄

The engineer asked why and the guy at openreach stated it's just there to control crosstalk on VDSL but I personally don't believe any of that. 

The DLM that is!

It's possible that other people in your area turned off their broadband equipment during the powercuts, so when the power came on you got a better sync as there was less crosstalk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 23 of 24

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@ryant704 wrote:

The DLM that is!

It's possible that other people in your area turned off their broadband equipment during the powercuts, so when the power came on you got a better sync as there was less crosstalk.

The 7 powercuts were within 5 mins and another during the night. Though considering I was one of the first if not the first on the cabinet I don't understand why xD

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 24

@ryant704 wrote:

The DLM that is!

Actually I believe that guy is right.

Crosstalk is a big issue on vdsl2 without vectoring.

It seems crosstalk control has been added to dLM so DLM is not just managing your line its managing lines as a group.  So if a neighboring line has issues on its upstream your upstream may have its power cutback as an example.

Lately in the last 2 weeks or so DLM has been constantly switching my upstream settings every 3-4 days, the attainable upstream rate jumping all over the place from as low as 22mbit up to about 32mbit.  I am now finding dLM very intrusive as my line has been going down every 3-4 days not due to line issues but due to DLM.

Of course I am also now in the position of some others as well, in that 3 days ago I had a burst of noise o nmy line that lasted for about 90 minutes, it was the first time i seen the noise and the last also as it hasnt come back, DLM about 24 hours later reacted and I now am interleaved.

Given my line without crosstalk shouldnt even be sweating for a full 80 sync I am pretty angry now, as initially I had a full 80/20 sync with huge noise margins, the attainable sync was 110mbit.  Now I have a interleaved line with 65mbit sync.  On top of that there is congestion every night reducing throughput to 30mbit or so.

Currently my CRC errors are very low on interleaving, still single digits after over 24 hours uptime, whether or not thats low enough for DLM to switch things back later on I dont know, but I do now plan to request an engineer for a pair swap so I can get a pair with less crosstalk on.

some stats for those who not seen unlocked modems.

Max:    Upstream rate = 23061 Kbps, Downstream rate = 75700 Kbps
Path:   0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 65217 Kbps

Down            Up
SNR (dB):        6.0             6.7
Attn(dB):        0.0             0.0
Pwr(dBm):        13.5            5.5

B:              63              236
M:              1               1
T:              64              5
R:              16              16
S:              0.0312          0.3771
L:              20495           5410