Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Line Rental Saver and Broadband Contract

Hi,

I pay the 12 months line rental in advance to get the saver discount. Currently this has about three months left before the next renewal. However the Line Rental renewal and my broadband contract (just renewed) are out of synch. 

How do I arrange for the 12 month line rental saver and the 12 month broadband contract to be in synch so that they both can be renewed at the same time. I don't really what to not renew run at the end of 12 months and wait until the other is due for renewal. When I renewed the BB the sales bod didn't seems to think I could renew the line rental saver now as three months were left to run. i find is odd as I was willing to renew for another 12 months.

Any ideas how I can get this sorted out or who I can contact to discuss this

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Line Rental Saver and Broadband Contract

The only way is to renew them all at the same time. You will lose 3 months still to run because it is not refundable but it will synchronise the renewals in future.

If you phone the Options Team 0800.800.030 they should be able to do it for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

I suspect your best option would be to just pay the normal line rental for a few months, then phone up and renew the whole lot at the same time.

I always try to make sure that all my contracts (and the discounts that go with them) are synchronised, even if it ends up costing me a little extra in the short term.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

I got into terrible grief trying to align these two dates - even though it's an obvious and simple request.

I got conflicting advice as to how early I could pay for the line saver - a month before, a few days before, after next bill, etc

If you think about it it's entirely in BTs interest to misalign these dates. Because people are more likely to renew when they have line saver months pending.
0 Ratings