cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Line Rental Saver

Here is a question, to which I have now had three answers from three separate members of BTs helpline staff, none of which appear to agree with each other ... so if anyone out there can give me better advice, I'd be grateful.

We have two domestic lines, currently both on the same account.

We wish to apply Line Rental Saver, if possible, to both. We have paid for the first line already - but it's the second line that gives us the issue.

The history:

My wife calls having set up the first LRS online to ask about setting up the second. She is told yes, we can have it on both lines but they need to be on separate accounts - this is a quick process and takes seconds only to set up. She'd have taken this at the time but for the fact that the second line carries an ADSL connection from a third-party supplier & she wanted to check with me (as resident geek) that there would be no problem in doing so ...

2. I called BT back to check that a third part ADSL connection wouldn't be a problem but even before I got to that part was told that yes, we could have both lines on separate accounts, but we'd have to cease one line and restart it on a new contract - same phone number.

I know from previous experience that when a phone number is disconnected, the ADSL also needs to be re-connected involving a time delay - can be up to 10 days. Since I frequently work from home, loss of ADSL isn't an option. I explain that the info I have just been given is at odds with the info my wife has when, irony of ironies, the call drops out and I get cut off ...

3. I call back and get different guys, who tell me straight that we can't have two LRS into the same building ...

Me: "What, even if they are on separate accounts?"

BT: "That is correct"

Me: "Even if they are paid by different people"
BT: "That is correct"

Hmmmm

So, who was right - team 1, 2 or 3?

And even if I do end up with the dream scenario, Team 1's easy answer, how do I know that when the boys and girls at BT come to do it, it won't all crash and burn?

Answers on a postcard (or better still, on this forum), please ...

Sincere thanks

G

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Line Rental Saver

Hi Graeme,

Sorry for the confusion here.  I'll need to have a look at your account please to see what we can do.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings