cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve180573
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Line Security

I have had a call from BT(?)on my landline stating my ip address had been compromised and they were going to shutdown my access in the next 24hours while they changed my ip address. I was then instructed to press 1 on my phone to contact their technician.

Obviously a scam but why can't BT check the origins of these calls to prevent them?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Line Security

there are numerous posts like yours and your question has already been answered - try using search facility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
steve180573
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi DS
Tried using search but only had 0 responses or one which was my original question?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Fake-phone-call-from-BT-broadband-will-be-cut-off-today/td-p/18...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

To save repeating things yet again, do a search of the forum about scam calls and you will be able to find the answer to your question your self.

0 Ratings