cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Line Suspension (??!)

Amazed..Amazing and all in the wrong context. We relocated within 2 blocks from our old address in Kent September 2014. Upgraded from a Hub 3 as informed and advised to do to a Hub 5. They hub 3 apparently had issues at our previous address in Tunbridge Wells so * The new hub arrived over 10 days late to the new address * When connected (eventually) we found the signal strength unusually weak, in fact worse than the Hub3 ! * Customer care in India / Malaysia ( Bar 1 Supervisor + 1 colleague) often confusing or misinformed. *Remote access of 3 x occasions - 2 informing there was an issue * BT Speedtest performed on 3 + occasions on router / connection of router cable as well as remote *Overcharge of £325.00 (which was refunded) * on 3 occasions (1 in particular) holding for 58 minutes before customer care came bck online *2 x Days off work awaiting either a call back as promised or for tech team to contact and conduct tests *Untold calls to BT Call / Centres Remember All This And One Is still paying ; * Eventually informed that refund of 35.00 for holding on calls * Eventually Jan 2015 informed that engineer would come physically to premises to check network etc (OpenReach) This costs £129.00 but due to all mishaps this is reduced by £50,00 (£79.00) Engineer states there was a fault at premises prior to our moving and from the looks of things this could well have been done by a previous engineer. * March 2015 line is suspended due to bill payment - I explain there has been confusion also how can the line just be terminated so out of the blue prior to not end of month and b) there are still issues - Lump sum paid to reduce bill * April Customer Care actually contacted me with a view to making another payment - this time the bill is now reduced from 248.00 to £148.00 * Last week bill notification on the 24th on the 27th ( 3days) line is suspended again !!! I buy a 5 day pass on Wifi Fone as yu can not speak with anyone in these circumstances, its all "Automated" so one has to go on live Chat (To India) I eventually make contact with a representative "Amit"' who apologises for the line being suspended and informs that he will switch on and that this will take up to 4hrs to return. So to await for the re connection and that the connection will remain until the 6th of June It is now the 31/05 the connection still has not taken place as informed by Amit. This is not the 1st time that customer care - overseas have gotten it so, so wrong. It makes one wonder with all the HYPE and marketing that is so paramount to BT flying its flag as an erstwhile service of impeccable polish, my/our experiences to date spell the complete reverse. BT Does it really give two hoots about its customer care? or is it a money grabbing exercise to suite the share - holders, sod the man on the street mentality
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Line Suspension (??!)

moderator advised
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi NichR,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hello Neil,

Since the last exchange ...

My line has been fully cut / suspended.

I must say the mishaps. the iliicict words that have come out of Staff from within BT as much as I have contacted and in turn been contacted beggars belief. The last call I had the assit AMIT specisifically stated the line would remain when in retropect it didnt return.

LOST FAITH IN YOUR SERVICE Ans will never evangelise.  once this is cleared up.. it will be PlusNet or Talk Talk all the way.

Shocked... total disbelief ....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

you need to contact the forum mod who has helped you so far
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks John,

But this has gone now into "Travesty" Overload!!  Line Totally Off.

Did however recieve a call from "Nigel" of BT apologising and requesting that it be escalated as all this could so easily have been avoided if

a) Calls actually went to a person within out time zone

b) a payment plan as mentioned was in place

c) Mis information of line being returned (when it wasnt) had not occured which means I would not be purchasing BT Wifi

15 days worth so as to maintain some comm's to communicate as such (here) which equates to £54.00 which obviously could have been paid to the Bill, absolute Bonkers!!

0 Ratings