cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pancho78
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

Line bonding??

Was thinking today when waiting for the btor man show up about line bonding as my previouse suppliyer BE had offered it to me before I left them for bt .I know you need a second phone line and a special router to give you twice your original line speed but was wondering would it also work with infinity ? Don't get me wrong my speed is fantastic now but wanted to know if anyone new if this would work with fttc or not??
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Line bonding??

Yep it's been tests. Not sure by who, I don't think Openreach but it gave speeds of about 450meg at 300m over standard copper I believe.

That's using the 30a profile on VDSL2.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
deathaxe
Expert
Message 3 of 15

The report I saw was some company in israel trialing it.

Given that you would need the 2 lines, and a line bonded router etc, perhaps the FTTP on demand that openreach are promising next year is a more likely scenario. and possibly cheaper.

0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

how do i find what profile i am on 17a or other

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Everyone is on the 17a profile.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
jussa21
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

webby what is 30a profile

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

The utilisation of 30MHz of the spectrum as opposed to 17.664MHz at the moment on the 17a profile.

Basically allows more frequencies for higher speeds.

jussa21
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

thanks webby will 30a work on fttc or is it for fttp

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

FTTC.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 15

I know it's not for FTTC, but Be* do line bonding, will be interesting what will happened once they incorporate fibre optics.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings