cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Line cord error, I have found the problem, but what is the solution?

My phone has been displaying "line cord error" for the last week or so.  Cannot make outgoing calls, nor recieve calls.

On the wall we have a BT Openreach socket on which the front panel is split.  Top for broadband, bottom for phone.  When the phone cord is plugged into this it does not work - this is when I get the "line cord error".

However, I have just screwed the front panel off and behind it there is one, I presume, master phone socket.  When I plug the phone into this master socket it works fine.  But it doesnt work again when it is plugged into the front panel that screws on.

I cannot leave the front panel off as this leaves my broadband unplugged.  Also worth mentioning that the broadband is working absolutely fine.

I am loathe to pay £129 when I know that the problem is the box or something to do with the built in splitter on the front.

Can anyone help me to rectify this?

PS possibly a coincidence but I think this may have happened during a terrible storm we had last week, but how could this affect an internal box?

Many thanks in advance...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Line cord error, I have found the problem, but what is the solution?

you can get a replacement socket of auction genuine openreach and replace it yourself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. Ebay?

Do you think the storm was a coincidence or could have affected the box somehow?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you have a spare microfilter, you can plug that into the test socket, and then plug the phone and home hub into that.

If its the new SSFP, they they are easily damaged by a storm. They are not that robust, compared with the normal filtered faceplate, or a microfilter, so expect a replacement to fail next time there is a storm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

is your broadband router plugged into a phone socket in another room of your house?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings