cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Line cord error, no broadband

Hi @Nic23,

Please post back on Thursday and let us know how things go with the engineer?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Will do
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I was going to be posting with good news. On Wednesday night before the technician was due I thought I'd check the line for one last time and it worked! (I'd probably checked it 15times before) Incredibly crackling, but rang out. I cancelled the technician and its been OK until this morning. Internet still not the best, but it never is. I used my land line at 8am, just glanced at and it said line cord error again. Which has now disappeared during time of sending this message. So who knows! One of my colleagues did say she had seen a bt van working in the village I live for past two weeks, so not sure if that is contributing. On the phone bt didn't know of any work in the area. I think I'm just going to keep an eye on it.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Why on earth did you cancel the visit if your line was noisy? A noisy line line indicates a corroded wire/joint somewhere that is occasionally fully disconnecting and causing your problems.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Because I thought I would see how I got on, I didn't want the call out charge if there was a problem with my equipment. Not that I believe there is
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

You seem totally reluctant to have an engineer visit yet expect your fault to miraculously clear itself, it won't. There will be no call out charge if you have proved the fault exists at your master socket.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

I not reluctant, just thought it was a problem due to work in the area
0 Ratings