Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iggy23
Beginner
Message 11 of 31

Re: Line dead infinity dead

I kind-of had a similar situation. Installed Infinity, everything great for over a month. Then my landline went silent (Infinity was still working great). Booked a fault, a few days later it was fixed and my landline was back up. BUT since then my Infinity has been all over the place - mostly downhill.

I wish BT would give us fibre to the home, this fibre to the cabinet is more trouble than it's worth (bet it has cost them more in Openreach visits than it would have cost to lay 20ft of fibre)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

0 Ratings
radii
Contributor
Message 12 of 31

I've completed the contact form. I've even pm'd a mod with my details. My line is still dead. Please could a mod look into my case? What does it take to get a line fault looked at?
0 Ratings
radii
Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Update: I happened to see a BT engineer on the street. Apparently due to rain a telephone joint got eroded and the engineer is fixing it now.

Update 2: The telephone line and infinty are back up...will my ip profile go back to the 38717k as it was before?

PS. I would still like a message from bt to where/what the fault was.

Radii.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 31

@radii wrote:

Update 2: The telephone line and infinty are back up...will my ip profile go back to the 38717k as it was before?

Radii.

If you leave it connected over the coming days it should and i stress "should".

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
JO5352
Message 15 of 31

I have a very similar problem.

Don't know how long it has been going on. Returned from holiday on Friday 15th July to find BT Router ( infinity ) with the Broadband light amber .... NOT blue.

Phoned India who promised it would be fixed within 4-6 hours .... it wasnt

So phoned them again the next morning - promised it would be fixed between 2 and 4 in the afternoon, and promised to be called back ... neither happened - not the fix or the call.

Phoned again Saturday evening ... promised us it would be fixed with in 24 hours (where do these people get these time frames from ?) 

Sunday evening - still nothing - phined again, they promised an engineer would come to our house on Monday morning and see what the problem was -

The engineer did not pitch AT ALL  .... still now connection.

Phoned India again Monday afternoon - sorry to say was not too friendly to the poor people in India. They promised an engineer would definitely be there Tuesday morning between 8 and 12 .....

Needless to say - we phoned them at 12:45 - still no engnineer, and they promised the engineer would be there before 13:00 .... yeah right ....

It is now 14:50 - still no sign of engineer, still no broadband .... still losing money because I am a freelance developer working from home ....

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 16 of 31

Sounds like a broken modem, you need an engineer to come so he can replace it, keep trying with the phone service or email the forum Mod's http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
JO5352
Message 17 of 31

Thank you for the link - will give that a go.

It seems that the phone service is just being ignored.

After 6 promises of call backs , 4 of problem sovling and 3 of engineers visiting all just blatant lies, I dont trust BT call centre at all. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 31

This is a ridiculous situation, the mods should not have to deal with silly things like this, yet Openreach constantly fail to turn up for appointments, customers are left in the lurch with absolutely no idea what is happening.

If the customer is charged £130 for a failure on his part by whoever or whatever, then he should have the same right to the £130 from the company he deals with (BT Retail). It should then be BT Retail's job to reclaim the said fee from Openreach/BT Wholesale or whoever.

This might make the companies communicate with each other more.

Tuesday's rant over

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
JO5352
Message 19 of 31

What is even more ridiculous is the fact that between my wife and myself, we have spent more than 8 hours on the phone over the past 5 days, and I have lost almost 2 full days' income to date.

I wonder if I can charge BT for my time wasted ?

0 Ratings
radii
Contributor
Message 20 of 31

I have the same question as the above poster 'Can i charge BT for my time wasted'

To add insult to injury, I've got a message from the mods that they can't see the form I've completed on Sunday!

Luckily in my case, an engineer came (wrong type), then a second engineer came (who I just happened to notice- i didn't see him or advised when he was coming) and there was a fault in the bt network outside my house. BT india advised there was a fault in the internal wiring (which was checked ~1 week ago by a BT engineer!!) despite no dial tone at the test socket and I would have to pay £130.

My IP profile is at 38717K now.

I'm gonna wait now to see if any charges are applied (they shouldn't) and hope my connection stays stable. Apparently rain can knock it off (who would of thought it rains in the UK).

...as i can't bring myself to fill in another form now.

Radii.

0 Ratings