Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Line drops

Go to solution

BT Spt say i've had 40 drops over 16th-28th May - is this normal?

Wanted to find out how many line drops i have had during whole of May, and April - can i get this data?

Tx

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line drops

Go to solution
no you cannot get that sort of data from BT
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Not even for a FoI request? But if I bother to ring up every week i can do it for them!

Ps Not surprised they don't offer it, might open a bigger can of worms.

Is it true they consider 5 line drops a day an issue? So if I had 40 Ld's over a week, there should be multiple faults raised; or does it take a customer calling to raise an issue?

Talking of issues I looked on my faults page but could not find the VOL no I was given when I raised a fault, it was only a day or so before? When I raised this with fault desk they could only scratch their head??

Ps Getting multiple bogus router hacked calls from overseas; I was only offered bt call protect when I rung this in with exact times they had rung me - bt were not interested???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@mmb1 wrote:

Not even for a FoI request? But if I bother to ring up every week i can do it for them!

Ps Not surprised they don't offer it, might open a bigger can of worms.

Is it true they consider 5 line drops a day an issue? So if I had 40 Ld's over a week, there should be multiple faults raised; or does it take a customer calling to raise an issue? Why would there be a fault raised unless you called, pointless raising a fault if its the customer turning the hub off.

Talking of issues I looked on my faults page but could not find the VOL no I was given when I raised a fault, it was only a day or so before? When I raised this with fault desk they could only scratch their head??

Ps Getting multiple bogus router hacked calls from overseas; I was only offered bt call protect when I rung this in with exact times they had rung me - bt were not interested??? Why would BT be interested, they can do nothing about the calls except attempt to block them with call protect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@mmb1 We can carry out testing using BT wholesales diagnostic tools which gives us an indication of how many drops your connection has experienced over the previous 28 days but this is only done as part of a fault investigation after you you've reported a problem to us and is not recorded directly on your BT account.

Over 5 drops per day would indicate a problem and BT wholesale would investigate these and they'd likely request us to send an engineer if this was a happening everyday but only after your set up and internal wiring had been ruled out as the cause.

Have you tried connecting to the test socket to see if this helps stabilising your connection?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Line drops - modern systems should already have built in test equipment in place to monitor performance remotely; particularly where on-going faults have been reported many times.

Bogus calls - when it comes to such calls pensioners or more trusting people may allow these crooks, and they are crooks, to take criminal advantage of people. Who is in a position to prevent this occuring/do anything, the police - I think not; then BT and other phone co's as the service providers should self-police - guess not, ignoring what 'appears a petty' crime to safeguard earnings from caller protect coming in £5 x 1m subscribers x12mths .....£££m.

I say petty, each single call is probably the tip of an iceberg of 10's of 1000's of cold calls by a PC, before they try in person to gain access to your IT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
BT offer call Protect as a free service also there are many call blocking phones available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@mmb1 wrote:

Line drops - modern systems should already have built in test equipment in place to monitor performance remotely; particularly where on-going faults have been reported many times. I repeat, how do you propose they differentiate between genuine faults and the router being switched off when not in use (yes, some customers do that).

Bogus calls - when it comes to such calls pensioners or more trusting people may allow these crooks, and they are crooks, to take criminal advantage of people. Who is in a position to prevent this occuring/do anything, the police - I think not; then BT and other phone co's as the service providers should self-police - guess not, ignoring what 'appears a petty' crime to safeguard earnings from caller protect coming in £5 x 1m subscribers x12mths .....£££m. Again I repeat, contrarary to what you may think, BT don't operate or control the world's telecommunication systems and there is nothing they can do to prevent such calls being generated. What they can and are doing is attempting to filter out the majority by means of the 'Call Protect' system.

I say petty, each single call is probably the tip of an iceberg of 10's of 1000's of cold calls by a PC, before they try in person to gain access to your IT!

PS as a pensioner I resent the fact that you consider us to be bumbling idiots.

0 Ratings