cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biscuitoria
Message 1 of 5

Line fault - Estimated repair date last Tues. What happens now?

Our phone line went down over the stormy weather 8/9th Dec.

Fault reported 9th Dec.

Engineer came out on 13th Dec. deduced fault was with line outside and left.

Have heard nothing since (which isn't surprising since bt's default way of contacting us is on the landline which is dead!)

When calling bt from a neighbours house on 151 we just get told the fault has already been reported.

Am using library internet just now. First chance I've had. Life is awkward without internet in the house!

Checked the online fault tracking details and the last thing on the list is

Estimated repair date

Tue 13th Dec 17:00

There seems to be no way to prompt them for an updated estimate.

So what happens now? 

Do we just have to check the phone everyday to see if a miracle has occurred?

Yours grumpily,

Sarah Skelton 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Line fault - Estimated repair date last Tues. What happens now?

Hi Sarah,

If you fill in this form: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 with a link back to your post for ref, the mods will get back to you. It can take up to 3 days ( sometimes longer in busy periods), and they will contact you direct via phone or email.

They should be able to find out what the delay is.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
deedeexx
Message 3 of 5

my phone line went down 8/12/2011 reported it 9/12/2011 emailed them and gave them a mobile number for them to get in contact with me somebody rung later that day and told me it would me fixed within 3 days and a engineer had been notified. After 3 days still nothing so i emailed them again they rang me back and said that it would be on by teatime next day,next day come still nothing,so i emailed them again at this point it is now 13/12/2011 they did ring me back and said that they were sorry for any inconvinience and it should be on by teatime the following day which by the way iy wasnt. then the following morning which will be the 15/12/2011 a engineer rung me and said he would be at mine in a hour which he was.when i asked him why it had taken so long he asked my how long my line had been off and he said he had only just been notified of the fault i couldnt believe it i had been lied to for days. He did fix the line and told me that because it had been off for more than 4 days that i should contact bt as i might be intitled to a rebate but before i had chance bt rung me and told me that i owe them 17.10 i couldnt believe it the cheek of it no appoligies and where i owe 17.10 from i dont know cause i pay my bill every month so im far from satisfied with bt at the moment and ive had enough of them. sorry about my spelling lol

0 Ratings
Biscuitoria
Message 4 of 5

Contact form through site was used. Someone contacted a different member of household to say team would be round today to fix outside lines. Today no-one appeared. When calling 151 we are told it is scheduled for today?!! Do many repair teams work at 10pm? This is now 14 days without a landline, and thus internet. Not the ideal time for it!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@deedeexx wrote:

.........when i asked him why it had taken so long he asked my how long my line had been off and he said he had only just been notified of the fault i couldnt believe it i had been lied to for days. .......

The engineers get given one job at a time, when they finish one job their control gives them another one, so although the engineer that called had only just been notified the fault would have been progresing through the system and would have been given out as and when faults reported before yours get cleared.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings