Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Line fault - third time reported!

Go to solution

Hi all, just joined the forum today.  I'm posting on behalf of my mother and her land line has gone on the blink for the third time, now.  As with other customers who have reported a similar fault, the line is constantly engaged so I hear the "BT 1571" greeting.  At my mum's end, she gets no dial tone.  The first time, it corrected itself after 1.5 days.  The next time, it was like that until an engineer fixed it after five days ... or at least I think it was fixed, as they said the "line seems to be ok now".  I wasn't told what they did but they said maybe someone rang and didn't hang up their phone.  I thought this unlikely, unless the caller did so and went away for a few days.  The phone line has now reverted to its state of unuse, and I've now reported it for a third time.  I thought it could be those automated software callers as my mum says she gets many calls where there is no connection on the other end when she answers the phone.  I've checked her number of the TPS and its registered there.  Does anyone else have this problem with their line, and do you think it could be due to someone (probably company software) not ending the call properly?  I had carried out all the necessary DIY checks before reporting the problem.  It's annoying as my mum refuses to have a mobile, (although my sister is at home in the evenings), and she had a stroke last year so the intermittent line problem is starting to worry me.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Line fault - third time reported!

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Fantastic, thanks for the quick response, and for the instructions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Suburbanbase

Welcome to the forums,

I am sorry we still haven't got this one sorted out yet.  I'll be happy to stay in touch with you until you are happy the fault has been fixed. 

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I've emailed the moderators referencing my initial reference number  to get an update and I received a second reference number 

Not sure if I should have followed this up via the moderator email, but if whoever is looking at this could let me know of any updates as to when my mum's line can be restored and what the real problem was, I would be grateful.  The line has been down since Thursday 6 March. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
the mods will contact you personally by email or phone as soon as your mail reaches the top of their mail queue this can take 3/5 working days
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

BT Community Forum [Incident: *****-*****]

Hi Patrick,

We tested the line with a new phone yesterday and it's not made any difference, so it's an engineer call out, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Andrea

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You need to contact Patrick via the tracked e-mail address that he used when he contacted you. Make sure that you keep the tracking number intact, on the e-mail itself, when you reply.

He is not likely to see any message posted here, unless he specifically asked you to reply here.

0 Ratings