Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raymie67
Expert
Message 1 of 3

Line margin needing reset

Go to solution

Can someone please advise on how I can get my line margin reset from 9db back to the 6db it has been at for many years.

There has been a varity of issues with my connection over the years most recently relating to frequent disconnects but that was finally solved by some equipment at the exchange being replaced however for some reason a few weeks after that there was a temporary line problem and that caused my my connection to reset and the margin want to 9db (the first time it has ever done that).

I left the router on for the last 17 days with no disconnects in the hope that the margin would reset itself but that did not happen and for other reasons I had to reset the router today and it has connected at a lower speed than before, basically because of the margin and my line length I would normally get either 1.25Mb or 1Mb IP profile but today I just fall short of the 1Mb and am now down to .75Mb because the sync at 9db was at 1120kbs connection, had the margin been at 6db this would not have been an issue and I would have remained above that profile rate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Line margin needing reset

Go to solution
Hi suggest you mail the board mods at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 ans ask them to get your noise margin reset they may want to see a few days stability first but worth mailing them
raymie67
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Line margin needing reset

Go to solution

Thanks for the repy John but in this case, having seem similar replies previously, I had already emailed the mods after posting the issue.

And a big thanks to them, they emailed me today to confirm my phone number and after a check of the line stats reset the margin and as of a wee while ago it was effective on my line. Superb service and greatly appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings