cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Line profile in steady decline

I have had Infinity 2 for some time now and have always been happy with my IP Profile. It has always been in the mid to high 70 Mbps range. I stuck on 77.43 for quite some time but in recent months it has showed a steady decline.

It dropped over a period of  weeks to the 70MBps mark but has dropped again in the last week. It is now down to 65.30

The only alteration I have done to my system recently is the addition of a "Powerline adaptor" to give better wireless speeds in one part of the house.  I put thatin a couple of weeks ago.

I must stress that the decline in IP profile started some time before I installed this adaptor.

Are powerline adaptors likely to contribute to IP Profile problems?

If not, I have to start looking at other causes.  Anyone have any idea at what point BT will be wiling to come and check the line and do a possible reset?

I should add that my usual SNR margin is between 4 and 6 - typically 5.1 and my line attenuation is currently 14.2

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Line profile in steady decline

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the full connection statistics including noise margins, by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Its probably an increase in crosstalk from other customers that is affecting the speed.

If its outside of Range A, then BT may look at it for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your quick reply..  I have already given the relevant info in the post but here are the stats you ask for:

I don't use a hub - I use a TP-Link  TD-W9980 full stas from that:

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors(Pkts)

Availabilty:  

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8062.62020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)71.7442010.9--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 5--3 to 7.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 4--2.5 to 7Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------

Available

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

As your connection speed is still within range A it is unlikely that Openreach will get involved Your speed drop is most likely to be cross talk as more users come onto your cabinet and nothing can be done with that
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that.....

I'll keep an eye on the stats and see how it develops.

Regards,

0 Ratings