Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Line profile reset request

Hi,

I need a line profile reset.BT.png

Since BT broadband went down the other week my snr on upload is high and connection has become unstable.

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Line profile reset request

can you post the adsl stats  what you posted does not show connection time just system up time which may well be different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 24

BT2.png

Sorry about that, thanks!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 24

you need to also post the adsl stats connection speed and noise margin as well as the results of btspeedtster diagnostic test which is the test that follows the completion of the first test  must be done with wired connection 

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

BT3.pngBT4.pngBT5.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

you are on adsl2+ and as such your profile is correct being 88.2% of connection speed so to get a higher profile you need a faster conenction speed not the other way round

your connection speed is about normal for your attenuation - about 10mb

0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Upstream is too high and have lost over 300 kbps in upload speed plus my connection is unstable, which was fine before BTs issue.

ADSL2+ is all we can get, despite the promises made by BT sales team, promising that our cabinet will be upgraded for BT Infinity....which is not going to happen.

This is a simple request for a line reset and would like a member of staff to put this request through.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

there is nothing wrong with your conenction - your speed are what you would expect from adsl2/2+.

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   this will show what is available to you

0 Ratings
Greywolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 24

I think I should know if there is an issue with my connection.

I am out of contract with BT so if a MOD/staff does not respond to my topic and put my request through we will leave BT.

I am not paying them £46 a month fo Broadband and phone to have an unstable broadband connection when it was working fine before.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 24

As already your connection is absolutely fine and you have no problems and you will get the same sort of speed with any other provider your upload and download speeds are correct there is nothing to reset
0 Ratings