cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Line rental saver - any benefit beyond the meagre saving?

@Retrovertigo wrote:

Appreciate all the replies. I think what had me second guessing was the caller I.D thing. Someone at BT ( a couple of years back) told me it was free if you took out the line rental saver. But the last time my line rental saver was due, I'm sure I had to renew my contract to get free caller i.d instead. 

You were misinformed in the first place. You have to commit to 12 months line rental to get CD free; it does not come with LRS, which is simply a payment option. The two things are likely to be coordinated but, if they're not, you would lose your free CD on expiry of your 12 month line rental commitment even if you still had a chunk of LRS left.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Yeah and that is where the confusion came in. Because as far as I was concerned,  if I pay for LRS and it can't be refunded,  then in my opinion that is the same as committing to 12 months line rental. I don't see how BT differentiate the two really. But I'm going off topic now.

But my CD is indeed out of sync as my initial contract was 18 months so it's all out of whack now.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

That is the issue with lone rental saver feom
BT you can't buy an 18 month version
Ee who are owned by BT offer 18 months line rental saver
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

It's one of the major bugbears with all BT contracts, there should be an option to renew all services at the same time for the same period. I think BT do it deliberately so that if you decide to cancel a main component they can sting you for higher rates for those that are left e.g. Cancel BB and you pay more for mobiles.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

just like every one else
0 Ratings