cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Line rental saver questions.

Go to solution

I think there will be another figure on your bill which will say a different amount that is actually going to be taken from your bank account.  If you cant spot it the billing team could tell you what it is.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

There's only the one amount = £146.96. I phoned the "billing team" this afternoon, they were no use at all apart from alledgedly reporting my comments about the bill being too hard to understand to their superiors (I thought utility companies were supposed to be making their bills easier to understand), they couldn't really explain the bill to me, they just read it out verbatim but I can read OK!! 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

the reason I think its right is because that £144 includes the £129 (bizarrely).  Then minus the credit, plus the package, plus the £45 in phone charges.  It should be around £40 to come out your account.  Why not try e-mailing the forum monitors, they have more time to look into this for you then the advisors when you call on the phone?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Sorry, one last question then, how do I email the forum mods? Thanks for your help.

Regards.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Is there a payments section on your bill as this is referred to in the first post.

It may also be useful to check your payment history and also compare it to the relevant bills raised just in case there is some other underlying billing problem with the rental saver - the history should show that you paid the £129.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

Mods link here   https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

It will take 3 working days for them to reply

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

I had one of those bills as well, yes it is very confusing not helped in that the rental rates changed this month.

I assume you did not get charged by direct debit in your October bill, it was actually paid out of your £129 line saver payment. So the call charges for that bill have been charged this time. If you look at the figure at the end of your bill as to what is going to be charged on your direct debit it will be the sum of your calls on the October bill and this bill. In my case it is EXACTLY that and I have paid nothing for rental.

So ignore those line rental calculations, you have only been charged for your calls (but for two quarters).

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

I've had a reply from the moderators, this bill was so high because BT didn't take the payment for the last bill (Oct 2012), I saw that amount at the top of the bill but assumed it was for info only, as I pay by DD they would have taken it right........Obviously not. Have asked the mods to explain why the October payment wasn't taken but not holding my breath.

Regards.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

Didn't have to hold my breath for long...............According to the moderator, it appears the line saver payment confused the system so my DD was not taken, as he said "it shouldn't have happened".

0 Ratings