cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoffBland
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

LinkSys RV082 - BT Infinity Incompatability - Solved

I though this would be useful to anyone in a similar situation as BT were no help (it's not exactly the kind of issue can can be fixed by a call centre drone and a dumb checklist).

I had been using Sky Boardband for many years with no problem, I upgraded to BT Infinity for the improved speed.

Ever since the upgrade I've had weird problems, any online video (YouTube etc) would play for a minute or two and then stall and any large download would stall after a few 10s of MBs.

After a lot of trial and error messing around with settings & swapping in and out gear I narrowed the problem down to my LinkSys RV082 which I use mainly as a hardware firewall.

It seems it turns out it can't cope with the bursty nature of the throughput of BT Infinity even though the RV082 is rated to cope with much higher throughputs.

The good news is that this can be cured by upgrading to the v2 Firmware (v2.0.0.19). Note that this v2 firmware also works on the V1 RV082 hardware (like mine).

HTH

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Hotblack
Message 2 of 2

Re: LinkSys RV082 - BT Infinity Incompatability - Solved

Hi,

You seem to be the only person who has admitted to getting BT Infinity to work with the RV082!  Do you have any instructions/tips.

I want to replace the HH3 with the RV082 for Firewall  & VPN but so far I have failed, I do not know enough about the BT modem and what protocol to use to connect to the RV082.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

TIA

Hotblack

0 Ratings