cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Linked HH6 will not turn off lights / possibly requires firmware update?

Hi,

I have two HH6s linked together via a wired connection to extend wifi around my home.  The setup is fine.  However, I have the minor annoyance of the lights not being able to disable on the slave hub.  (They are indeed marked as "Status: Off" in the Hub Light Control pane and it's been restarted a couple of times since.)  The slave continues to flash purple, which indicates no broadband cable connected. 

The slave never appears to have had a firmware update, but I cannot really leave it plugged in at the master socket for an extended period as it would make wifi unuseable in parts of the house where I work and I understand there is no way to force or request the update.  Just wondering if it might be that, or if anyone has any other suggestsions please?  (I could probably leave it plugged in over the weekend if it's likely to pick up the update in that period.)

My master has what I believe is the latest firmware:

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

30-Jul-2017

Whilst the slave has:

Firmware version:

SG4B100021EC

Firmware updated:

12/05/16

The two devices are connected to each other via the LAN4 ports as I'd read on another topic, that they 'prefer' this, though I see no discernible difference to when they were set on LAN1 when I originally configured them.

Any suggestions or thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Lloyd

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Linked HH6 will not turn off lights / possibly requires firmware update?

the smart hub firmware now ends B506

I don't think afirmware update will stop light flashing  if annoying just stick a bit of black tape over it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks.  I think I know the answer to my follow-up question, but I'll ask anyway... any idea what's the usual maximum amount of time the slave might need to be directly connected to the broadband line socket before it picks up an update, is it usually overnight?  I'd like to think given it's so out of date, it wouldn't be that long, but I guess that's probably not really a factor!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I think the answer is the same 'how long is a piece of string' - who knows   just like the firmware on you master hub it may change tonight, next week or next year

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings