cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Linked email - can't access MyBT. What is going on??

So I have been through the annoying process of 'linking' my mail account to our MyBT account. Why I had to do this I have no idea because it gives me no benefit and just gives on emore link thta can screw up. Anyway, that isn;t why I am positng...

Having linked my e-mail to the MyBT name, and having (on request) changed my MyBT password I find that I can access my personal email account and the email account linked to the 'main' MyBT name.

But I can no longer access MyBT.

I enter the MyBT username and I enter the (new) paasword, it comes up witha message to  check my username and password.

So I entered my username and hit 'forgot password'

This then asked me to log into 'MyBT' which I did with the username and new password. I then got the message pasted below.

Questions:

• Does this mean the username and password i entered were actually correct
  • If so, then obviously the request to check my username and password was annoyingly wrong
  • is this a temporary thing or have I scrwed up the MyBT access while linking email to MyBT

Thank you to anyone who can help with this ridiculous mess.

Kind regards

Mike

Sorry - page not found (Error code 404)

We are sorry, the page you requested does not exist at this address. It may have moved, the name changed or the link may be broken.

Please check the address is correct, make any changes and try again.

Return to BT.com

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Linked email - can't access MyBT. What is going on??

Hi Spidermike,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.  Did you manage to get this sorted? If you need any help with your BT ID password please use the 'contact he mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thankyo for your reply,Neil

No, this has not been resolved despite spending over 2 hours on the phone with BT support.

Can you answer one thing for me:

What is the purpose of having to link email with MyBT account? What advantage to BT envisage it gives me, the customer?

Everything was absolutely fine until this bewildering decision was taken and I was forced to link them.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Spidermike wrote:

Can you answer one thing for me:

What is the purpose of having to link email with MyBT account? What advantage to BT envisage it gives me, the customer?

Everything was absolutely fine until this bewildering decision was taken and I was forced to link them.

A lot of us have been asking the same question for months. Totally ludicrous.

0 Ratings