Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkyT
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Linking Accounts

Go to solution

Hi,

I have two separate accounts, one for phone and one for broadband. The phone one is registered in My BT but when I try to link my broadband account I get this message: 

"There was a problem adding this account to your profile. Please check your details & try again."

Can anyone tell me what I have to do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Linking Accounts

Go to solution

When I had this problem a while ago, i just gave up trying to add the second account, and created a new login on bt.com with a slightly different user name.

0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would recommend having BT merge your billing accounts together, so you only have the one bill and account number with both services on it. You can normally get a much cheaper deal by having both services on the same account, as all BTs best loyalty tariffs are duel contracts covering phone and broadband. To do this dial 0800 800 150 and press the option for sales, then ask to be put through to the 'Multiple Asset Transfer Team'.

The only time it really makes sense to have BB on a separate bill is if your company or business pays for one service but not the other, in which case having two separate bills can save a lot of hassle.

0 Ratings
MarkyT
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much, I'll get on to it.

0 Ratings
heinz
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I can't find where to link accounts. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings