cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

If only connecting one pc, can the Openreach box be plugged direct to pc and let windows do the pppoe connection without any router inbetween?

0 Ratings
dlw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 314

Re: BT Infinity No connection for Macbook Pro - Replacement router/modem?

Hi, 

I have had problems recently with my current provider after I changed my modem and some settings.

Try open network preferences - advanced - DNS - in the DNS server section add 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) this works better for me. If you have DNS ip address there already disconnect from your HH3 with and they should disapear or if its possible change the DNS server addresses in the HH3.

Darren

0 Ratings
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 53 of 314

Just letting all know I use a Netgear WNDR4500 N900 router on my Inifinity connection... Used the Asus RT-N56u in the past which was ok but had some stability issues.

I have also tried the Draytek 2750n combined modem and router but my sync speeds were very low to what I was getting using the Openreach Modem ... (I thought it was a dodgy modem so I got a replacement and that was the same).

The WNDR4500 Netgear is superb... 

0 Ratings
MadGamer1988
Contributor
Message 54 of 314

Hey guys, I have finally decided on the Netgear WNDR4500, however, is it safe to leave it powered up all the time like the HH?  Only reason I ask, is that the Netgear has a different power supply (similar to a laptop charging unit)

0 Ratings
DelSP10
Beginner
Message 55 of 314

1 major issue with HH3 & BT Business Hub, is no remote management, with firewall set to 1 system only......

You cannot use settings on 2 or more systems

0 Ratings
alz123
Beginner
Message 56 of 314

hi all

i had tried  netgear, asus,and tp-link  then bought an Airport Extreme 

it took 5 mins to set up and have a 300mbit/s connection on macbook pro

alan

harp
Beginner
Message 57 of 314

does anyone know if this will work (or likely to work) with bt infinity?

i work from home some days and connect to the office network through a vpn...

http://www.netgear.co.uk/business/products/security/wireless-VPN-firewalls/FVS318N.aspx#two

0 Ratings
meridius
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 314

Hi all

Will be getting bt infinity installed soon and a couple of questions.

Q1 when you first get bt infinity installed do u need to wait after the 10 days to use a new different router like the netgear or can u use it on day one.

Q2. Is the bt infinity modem solid and cry good quality and is it only the hh3 that is poor.

Q3 how can u get slower syncs with other routers as I thought its the modem that syncs the speed and I thought the route would no have anything to do with slower speeds.

Any other tips would be great

Thanks.
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2759601729.png[/IMG][/URL]
0 Ratings
Jonny
Contributor
Message 59 of 314

Been using a DLink DIR 855 for 13 months on FTTC

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 60 of 314

Fantastic cable router that is Jonny, hard to see what routers come close to that one. Even wirelessly it's exceptional.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution