cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 231 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

You must of set it up wrong then, mine has worked faultlessly for over a year..

http://www.speedtest.net/results.php?sh=2b5cbf082cb7a30a5e39f93dbb27ed01&ria=0
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 232 of 314

Did anyone get a DLink DIR 615 working with infinity?

I got it to connect and it worked fine for about 2 minutes, but then the connection dropped and I couldn't reconnect again?

It's running DD-WRT firmware, which I thought might solve any issues, lol, but apparently not!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 233 of 314

No i set it up via the simple instructions, it was decreasing my upload and i gave it time and draytek support wasnt upto much so i ditched it.

You may well have got a gooden or just in denial.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 234 of 314

Been using a netgear wndr4500 for a while now, works perfectly and is so much better than the hh3, I've had no problems with upload speeds which I think a few users were experiencing at one point with this router.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 235 of 314

I was looking at getting a new router with suggestions from this thread. However I am now thinking of replacing both devices with a modem router.

Can anyone advise which type I would require (ADSL, Cable or Fibre/VDSL) ? I have infinity and I from reading there are 2 types, I am FTTC though. I am assuming the latter (and would, for example, choose from the section of Networking -> Wireless -> Routers Fibre/VDSL on a popular computer components site which rhymes with e-cryer). I keep second guessing myself as to whether it should be something else as I have copper between my property and the cabinet.

TIA.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 236 of 314

You need one that supports VDSL2
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 237 of 314

I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme router.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 238 of 314

Hi guys 🙂

I've got the BT Infinity 2 package and I have my spare D-Link Gaming Router a DGL-4300 to use for the Router with the Openreach modem as the Homehub 3 is utter pants, moderate Nat's when theres more than 1 Xbox on in the house I've configured it a few different ways and it generally holds 2 now but a day or do down the line they both appear as moderate to strict and as soon as I introduce a 3rd Xbox its instantly strict for all of them on the home hub 3.

I've been trying to set up my DGL 4300 with this to no avail it supports pppoe I put my username in mark.xxxxx@btbroadband.com into the username and password as blank or bt and it doesn't want to connect to the intermanetz :(. I got told to try the homehub address with again the password blank or bt and its the same thing.

I have a dynamic ip address so don't think I have to enter anything in there as far as I'm aware :).

Any help advice would be much appreciated 😄

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 239 of 314

try bthomehub@btbroadband.com 🙂 thats what i use with bt as password
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 240 of 314

Nope still not working mate :(. Ive tried that before but thought id try again but nope not having it and I reboot both the modem and router after entering the settings
0 Ratings