cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enigma123
Expert
Message 91 of 314

Re: List of Routers to replace Home Hub 3.

Well ive been looking at the Asus range and the build is unbelieve able they have a new one coming out RT-AC66U not sure if its infinity compatable and i would be looking at getting Tomato firmware put on does anyone know more about the Asus routers?

Edit answered my own question it does 🙂

Edit Just as i was liking it just read loads of reports about their bad QC and the firmware is pants.

But it looks like they take cooling seriously.

RT-N66U B1board w/ heatsink

But still i can't warrant getting that guess back to my Netgear R6300 option

0 Ratings
RobW1977
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 314

Currently using a Netgear N750 (WNDR4000) and so far extremely impressed. Loving having the 5Ghz option which means i can utilise my full 76/19 speed over Wifi and router seems much more stable/reliable than the HH3.

I do have one question I am hoping someone might know the answer to. The Netgear N750 router has a Gigabit WAN port but when I connect to the Openreach modem (Huawei HG612) the Netgear connection status only shows a 100M/Full connection on the WAN rather than a 1000M/Full connection like I see on the Gigabit LAN ports. Is this just a limitation of the modem (e.g. no Gigabit connection)?

Cheers

Rob 

0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 314

I'm currently using a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N with the latest DD-WRT firmware (DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/08/12) ).

It works flawlessly. SPI firewall works. NAT and UPNP work fine. Port forwarding and DMZ are a doddle. Wireless is extremely customizable, with a hybrid G/N signal currently set up. Mac filtering. Literally anything you want to customise... It's there.

And the best thing... It only cost £34 on Ebay. £34 for a router that is better than most enterprise hardware I've used.

0 Ratings
heidithedog
Beginner
Message 94 of 314

I have had exactly the same problem with my HH3 as well. It started port forwarding ok at first but now it has stopped and I just can not get it to work anymore. I have been on the Tech Help line and they failed miserably as well.

I either wait for another firmware updat or buy a new router.

0 Ratings
TrevorMatthews
Contributor
Message 95 of 314

Having struggled all last night to get port 1194 open, and failing it would seem that I need to replace the HH3.0 Type A for something else.
Might go for the Buffalo but it is no longer £34 on ebay.
Still, if it works it will be worth it......
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 96 of 314

Is this just a limitation of the modem (e.g. no Gigabit connection)? I think so.  see reply#4 at http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=104746.msg892222

0 Ratings
TrevorMatthews
Contributor
Message 97 of 314

Just realised that the Buffalo doesn't seem to work with Ubunto Linux so I will need to look elsewhere. 😞
0 Ratings
RichRolls
Aspiring Expert
Message 98 of 314

I feel that I am missing something...

I am on Infinity2 with the Home Hub 3 supplied by BT.

On my wired connection to my PC, I am now getting 70/15 download/upload since the firmware upgrade (previously was 66/14).

In Wi-fi mode, I am getting 12/14 down/up on my iPhone 3GS.

This seems very good to me.  How come I am not having the problems all you guys are having??

Rich

If you found this information helpful, please click the star to the left of this post. If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
softsorter
Contributor
Message 99 of 314

I've just ordered a Buffalow Airstation NFiniti Wireless -N WHR-HP-G300N in preperation for Infinity sometime this week as I don't like the HH3, its one of the ones that works well it seems on Infinity and I'm already using there WiFi Ethernet converters which work perfect.

I'll let you know how it goes once I get the call from BT saying what day its going live.

0 Ratings
TrevorMatthews
Contributor
Message 100 of 314

Spoke to customer support and they say there is no problem using the Buffalo on a Linux based system.

So will order one of those.

0 Ratings