cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gardnerjoe
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Listen to this for an answer to a written letter to BT at Durham.

In december I changed my BB and calls package.

My billing so far has been

January £6.15 CR

April £15.58

May £0.50

June £0.52 CR

The cost of my package should be a basic £13.80 per month, plus additional calls as I payed 12 months line rental up front.

All I want to know is Why have I not been charged for my call package at £13.80 per month, and how can my bill show a deficit one month and a credit the next.

I have spoken to various people at BT who have assured me all is corrrect. I have spent hours getting through to try to make sure my bill is correct. I have been assured again and again not to worry,

As I am a pensioner I do worry because this billing is blatently incorrect yet no one either here or in India can help me. I see a huge bill being demanded of me through no fault of my own.

I eventually wrote a letter to Durham.

Two weeks later while I was out I had a phone message from India, from a chap telling me that regarding my letter everything was in order.

How disgusting is that? To treat people who write to BT flagging up an error, to have their correspondence faxed to India for them to deal with it. I have had no written correspondence to my letter from The UK office in Durham.

On 19th July I again tried to get through to a UK English customer service employee, and ended up in India.

A chap called CUMAR, looked at my bill after explaining the situation again to him.

He left me on hold and then came back and said there was a problem with the bill and BT had not been charging me correctly and it would be put right. I told him this was unacceptable and that as a pensioner I feel I have been treated unfairly, both by BT and it's lack of customer support. It is not my responsibility to flag up bt errors.

He said he would raise a complaint note and gave me a number.

To date I have still had no correspondence from BT, either written or e mail.

The service stinks. They do not care, and I have little faith that anything is being done to resolve the situation.

Which other conglomerate would treat it's customers like this?

It is so worrying that I am considering taking legal advice, as gone unchecked I could have a huge bill which BT keep telling me isn't there!!

Upset and worried.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Listen to this for an answer to a written letter to BT at Durham.

Can you give details on what your bill says? Are they not charging you for broadband on it?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Try a live chat to see if they can help you

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

You can print off the transcript of the live chat which will give you a written record of what BT say so that if there is any problems in the future you will have a record of what you were told.

If they are unable to help try contacting the forum moderators. They are a UK based BT team and may be able to help. They can take upto three working days to reply.

Contact them on this link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
gardnerjoe
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

You tell me? BT can't.
You can see what was on my bill in my letter above.
0 Ratings
gardnerjoe
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I have contacted the mods.
Thankyou
0 Ratings
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Your forum post only says the total amount, not if a broadband charge actually appears on your bill. That is what I was trying to establish as you might get a separate bill for your phone to broadband.

The mods will be able to help you now
0 Ratings