Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tony8436
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 36

Re: Live today and stuck on ADSL yet BT promised me I would be on ADSL2+

@daleski75 wrote:

lol.... like it... sentence well you never know maybe i might benefit from all this 😉

LOL. The only people that benefit from anything BT do is BT themselves.

0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 36

we will see i reckon they will spot their mistake and adjust it back to 18 months once the new order has gone through, the weird thing is though that even on 8mbit my sony media box with lovefilm is snappier than Sky on 20mbit.

keep checking my hh2 though each day to make sure it has not reset itself lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 36

when my line was upgraded my phone and broadband went dead for about 10/15 mins while the physical change was made and when my hub came back on it was 992.3 ADSL2.  It took me a while plus lots of information/help from forum members before I was able to make the changes which moved me to adsl2+.

Hope yours comes up with 2+ and saves you any further hassle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 36

All will be revealed on the 1st of feb, what are the differences between adsl2 and adsl2+ and if you can remember how did you get yours resolved just in case I hit the same issues?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 36

adsl2 992.3 is up to 12mb wheras adsl2+ 992.5 is up to 20mb.  When I had adsl2 I was adamant that someone had forgot to 'flick the + switch' hence why only 2 and not 2+.

I got it explained that exchange equipment makes that decision based on your line quality and there is no magic switchSmiley Wink

I made some changes at home but cannot discuss them here  - sorry forum rules

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 36

No worries as my line has never caused me any issues I am fully expecting to be placed right onto adsl2+ 🙂

0 Ratings