cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLanglois
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Living In A Block Of Flats Slowing My Speed?

Hi all,

I recently lived in a Infinity property with no problems at all. I have just moved in to a new flat in a block of flats and the speed is at best 2mbps. While this is slow, it feels even slower than that sometimes.

I was wondering, would the fact I am in a block of flats effect my speed? Would we all be running off of one line in/out of the building? If so, is it possible to have a dedicated line fitted?

Hopefully not silly questions, thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Living In A Block Of Flats Slowing My Speed?

every customer has their own individual line living in a block of flats will not affect your speed
have you tried connecting to the test socket to eliminate any internal extension wiring  

Test Socket.jpg

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

can you please run the BT speedtest further diagnostic test this test appears after the first test completes and post back the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

can you try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone   if cordless then dull hum normal

can you post the adsl stats from your router?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings