cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Loading very slow web page, to the point I can't even chat on Live chat

Hello, I raised a problem with my broadband this morning, BT advisor on the phone tried his best to sort it, but the problem was I couldn't chat via my mobile, as it uses the wifi chating, as he was doing a line check so we couldn't use land line. Lost connection with him. The Download speed increasd from 1.64 to 6.84, It worked for awhile, but the ping latency went to 200+, now the download speed has dropped back to 1.64. ping latency is changing from 1.64 to 200 ish. This is all on one hard wired computer, with no other devices connected.  Has anyone got any ideas, as I still can't connect to a live chat.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Loading very web page, to the point I can't even chat on Live chat

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: Loading very web page, to the point I can't even chat on Live chat

Can you posts stats from your router. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

can you run btspeedtester and when complete run diagnostic test and post the results http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

try quit line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hub 4

Done the 17070, its quite.

Did the speedtest and ran diagnostic test at 23.22 saturday 10

download speed 6.85

upload speed  0.38

ping 41.75

I get a test error everytime i run the diagnostic test.

Did the speedtest and ran diagnostic test at 09.44 Sunday 11

download speed 1.85

upload speed 0.16

ping 0.00

and again with the error test on the diagnostics.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

done test again 9.55   sunday 11

download speed 0.00

upload speed 0.30

ping 90.25

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

as hh4 stats are sparse  you need to go to the logs and WAN and looking for 2 lines together when router last reset (get idea from uptime) and you are looking for connection speed and noise margin

will diagnostic test not work?  did you try a different browser and must be with ethernet connection not wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings