cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 16

Re: Loads of spam not being intercepted by BT

I'll be dumping my BT email account if this isn't sorted fast.

I use hotmail and gmail and neither suffer anywhere near as much spam as my @btinternet.com address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 16

I find the Spam filtering by Gmail is excellent, very little slips through.

Regarding Hotmail better than Btinternet but not brilliant

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

BT/ Btyahoo does not seem to have taken any action to date as I am still getting 20 or so emails every hour.

I will be charitable and say that it may be they current festivities  which may have produced low staffing levels. But by the end of next week there will not be ant excuses available to them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

@wrecker wrote:

I find the Spam filtering by Gmail is excellent, very little slips through.

Regarding Hotmail better than Btinternet but not brilliant

As a work around until and if it is sorted out why don't you forward all your BT emails to your gmail account, letting their spam filters sort it out, and access it from there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

BT rang me this afternoon but the line was so distorted I told the Indian lady to ring my mobile instead.

That was equally bad and a further call to my landline was still so distorted I said to put the reply in an email.

Oh the irony of BT can't even manage a clean line for the call!!

Anyway, the email arrived and it was just the standard blurb to dealing with spam. They hadn't addressed my complaint at all.

So i wrote back to Customer Relations who issued the email saying a response may take up to 7 working days. They also sent a message pointing to a help file on managing spam. Arrgghh!! Still not addressing my complaint.

Wrote back to CR and stated that if they are unable to explain why so much spam has come through since 21 December they refer it to a manager who can. Waiting to hear back.

Again, if you haven't raised a complaint then do so. It's pointless just sounding off here as BT don't read these boards.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

HI I seem to have cracked it when I clicked on them to block the spam mail the email address was from Amazon with letters and numbers different ones each time so I phoned Amazon they gave me a website to forward stop-spoofing@amazon.com and forwarded everyone to them so those ones have stopped the others I clicked in to settings on email site and banned them don't know why I didn't think of that before. Hope that helps

0 Ratings