cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Lock up on recordings

Anyone else had a problem with the Humax YouView box locking up when recording since the last update? It's difficult to reproduce the exact circumstances which cause the problem, but it always seems to occur when a second recording starts when there is one already recording. The current programme on the TV still displays, but the sound mutes and the remote control becomes totally unresponsive. The only way to get the box to do anything is to press the blue centre power on/off button on the box, and restart it. Even then the box sometimes still shows a recording is in progress (by the front panel display) but going to the YouView menu shows no recording in progress. Eventually the record indicator on the box disappears and all is back to normal..... until the next time. I have noticed that it is possible to record two channels at once and view another channel, as long as the three channels are contained within up to two multiplexes, could this be confusing the box?

I've also had a problem with the BT Vision player, (the  BBC Iplayer works perfectly). Although the menus show correctly, none of the films will run, all that happens is a kaleidoscope of pixelations and perhaps a brief burst of garbled sound. Sometimes when I close the player and return to live TV, I get a few seconds of the programme and then the screen goes blank, and changing channel repeats the same effect. I have to turn off the box and restart to get back to normal. I had the same problem when I first got the box about six months ago, and although the helpdesk went through all the usual solutions, they couldn't solve the problem, and escalated it to technical support. Of course, sods law applied, and the day they contacted me the problem disappeared.... until a few days ago.  I didn't feel like going through the same rigmarole again, so after perusing the YouView website I girded my loins and did a "full maintenance Mode Recovery". This seems to have miraculously cured all the problems, at least for now. Beware that if you do this, although you can keep all your recordings (depending on which option you choose), you will have to basically do a complete re-install from scratch.

Channel/mux allocation www.dtg.org.uk/industry/dtt_channels.html

YouView maintenance mode recovery pdf  http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

Anyone else?

Terry

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lock up on recordings

@Tev wrote:

I've also had a problem with the BT Vision player, (the  BBC Iplayer works perfectly). Although the menus show correctly, none of the films will run, all that happens is a kaleidoscope of pixelations and perhaps a brief burst of garbled sound. 

Yes, I get that sometimes. It affects all players except BBC Iplayer but powering off for a minute and rebooting normally fixes things.  It seems to happen immediately after upgrades.  I'm on my second YouView box after my first one had to be replaced and it didn't happen on box 1 but does on this new one.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings