cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Locked out of E-mail Sub-Account

My son uses a sub-account of my primary e-mail account, but has been locked out of it since before Christms. Many frustrating service desk calls have failed to address the issue, and today I have been told that his account has been deleted (though I suspect that it hasn't). This is extremely frustrating as he has some Christmas present details e-mailed to him that he is unable to access, and I'm unable to recover his e-mail address to set-up a new account for him.

Everyting was working well until 21st December, when we lost acceess to the account from webmail and from mail clients on an iMac, iPhone and iPad. Tried resetting password (and got confirmation that the password had been reset) but that didn't change anything. Contact helpdesk at this point, and was referred to the levle 2 e-mail team as the first line guy couldn't even access the password reset option!

Have made repeated attempts over the holiday period to access the account, change password etc. without success. Have tried bt.com yahoo.com etc. but just get the message that the the login details are not recognised. Have followed on screen prompts to reset the password (and received confirmation e-mails to primary accoutn confirming password change) but no progress. 

Have now spoken to the level 2 team, and have been told that, because we hadn't accessed the account via webmail for a certain period (they are unclear whether that period is 30, 60 or 90 days) the account has been deleted, and there's nothing that can be done! They are unable to explain why no other sub-accounts have been suspended or deleted despite the fact that we don't ever access any of the accoutns through webmail.

However I can still see the sub-account on myBT, apparently with the option to delete it etc. When I queried this I was told that you can always see all sub-accounts whetehr they are active or not, but I know that this isn't true (other sub-accounts that I've deleted previously are not visible). So I suspect that the account in question is still active, but for some reason inaccessible/locked. But I seem to have exhausted what's possible from the level 2 team and don't know where to go next.

Would welcome any thoughts, suggestions or referals to the moderators to get his fixed.

Happy New Year!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Has my account been deleted? If not, how do I get it back?

I lost access to my e-mail account a few days before Christmas. According to level 2 team, the account has been deleted, but no reason given, and it still appears in the sub-account list (it's actually a sub account - the primary account is still there and fine). According to support team, that's the end of it, and there's nothing that they can do to recover anything.

But I can still see it, and if I attempt a password reset I get a confirmation e-mail to the primary account to say that the change has been successful, but I still cannot access the mailbox (failures on yahoo, BT mail, web clients and third party applications). This is a major problem as it is the e-mail address used to subscribe to a number of different organisations, and also the one that family use.

I've also noticed that there's some sort of disconnect between yahoo and BT Mail in terms of which each organisation thinks is the primary account. The yahoo one is correct (at least in so far as it has as the primary account the one that was used to set things up originally), but BT Mail is using one of the sub-accounts as the primary and refuses to accept that there are any e-mail accounts associated with the orignal primary address (but also lists the original primary address as a sub-account).

Not sure of these issues are related, but clearly something's not tying up somewhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: Has my account been deleted? If not, how do I get it back?

I have merged your threads as they appear to be related.

There is nothing forum members will be able to do to help you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link. They are busy at the moment so it may take more than 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Re: Locked out of E-mail Sub-Account

Hi @chamlin

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problem you're having with your emails.  You can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings